Are you tired of the same old hairstyle and looking for a fresh new look? Do you want to recreate the latest runway hairstyles in the comfort of your own home? Look no further! In this blog post, we will guide you through the steps to create a stunning runway-inspired hairstyle that is easy to achieve and will leave you feeling confident and stylish. Whether you are looking to try out a sleek and chic look or a bold and daring hairstyle, we have got you covered. Get ready to turn heads with your new runway-inspired hairstyle that you created all by yourself!
Essential tools for creating runway-inspired hairstyles
To create a runway-inspired hairstyle at home, you will need a few essential tools that can help you achieve the desired look. Here are some of the tools that you should have in your hair styling kit:
- Curling Iron or Wand:
Curling irons or wands are essential for creating beautiful, bouncy curls or waves. You can choose between a clamp curling iron or a wand, depending on your preference. Some of the recommended brands are T3, GHD, and Dyson. It’s essential to use a heat protectant spray before using any heating tool to avoid damaging your hair.
- Flat Iron:
A flat iron is a versatile tool that can be used for both straightening and curling hair. Some of the recommended brands are CHI, BaBylissPRO, and Paul Mitchell. It’s important to choose the right size flat iron for your hair length and thickness.
- Blow Dryer:
A blow dryer is an essential tool for creating voluminous hairstyles. Some of the recommended brands are Dyson, T3, and BaBylissPRO. Make sure to use a heat protectant spray before blow-drying your hair, and use a nozzle attachment to focus the airflow for better control.
- Hairbrushes and Combs:
Using the right brush or comb can make a significant difference in achieving the desired hairstyle. You will need a round brush for blow-drying and creating curls, a paddle brush for detangling, and a rat-tail comb for sectioning hair. Some of the recommended brands are Mason Pearson, Wet Brush, and Olivia Garden.
- Hair Accessories:
Hair accessories can add a unique touch to your hairstyle. Some popular accessories used on the runway include hair clips, barrettes, headbands, and scarves. You can experiment with different styles and colors to enhance your hairstyle.
When using any hair tool, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and use them safely to avoid any damage to your hair. Investing in high-quality tools can make a significant difference in achieving a professional-looking hairstyle at home. With the right tools, you can create any runway-inspired hairstyle and impress everyone with your styling skills.
Steps to Create a Runway-Inspired Hairstyle
Creating a runway-inspired hairstyle at home can be intimidating, but with the right tools and techniques, you can achieve the desired look. Here are some step-by-step instructions for creating different hairstyles:
- Start by applying a heat protectant spray to your hair.
- Use a curling iron or wand to create loose waves, taking small sections of hair and wrapping them around the iron or wand.
- Hold each section for a few seconds and release.
- Once you have curled all your hair, use your fingers to comb through the curls to create loose, beachy waves.
- Finish with a texturizing spray for added volume and texture.
Sleek and Straight:
- Begin by washing and blow-drying your hair.
- Use a flat iron to straighten your hair in small sections, starting from the roots and working your way down to the ends.
- Once you have straightened all your hair, apply a smoothing serum to keep your hair frizz-free and shiny.
- Use a rat-tail comb to create a center part or a side part, depending on your preference.
- Start by applying a volumizing mousse to your hair and blow-dry it upside down to create volume.
- Brush your hair back and secure it into a high ponytail using a hair tie.
- Take a small section of hair from the bottom of your ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie to conceal it.
- Secure the wrapped hair with a bobby pin.
- Finish by using a hair spray to keep the ponytail in place.
- Begin by creating a center part and braiding two small sections of hair on either side of the part.
- Gather the rest of your hair into a low ponytail and secure it with a hair tie.
- Divide the ponytail into three sections and create a loose braid.
- Wrap the braid around the hair tie to create a bun and secure it with bobby pins.
- Take the braids on either side of your part and wrap them around the bun, securing them with bobby pins.
- Finish with a hair spray to keep the updo in place.
Remember to practice these techniques to perfect your styling skills. Using visual aids, such as photos or videos, can also be helpful in understanding the steps better. With these simple steps, you can create a variety of runway-inspired hairstyles that are perfect for any occasion.
Tips for Maintaining Your Hairstyle
Creating a runway-inspired hairstyle is one thing, but maintaining it is another. Here are some tips on how to maintain your hairstyle and make it last longer:
Protect Your Hair:
It’s essential to protect your hair from damage by using a heat protectant spray before using any heating tools. Using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner can also help maintain your hair’s health and keep it looking shiny.
Touch Up as Needed:
To keep your hairstyle looking fresh, touch up any curls or straightened sections as needed with a curling iron or flat iron. Use a light hold hairspray to keep the style in place.
Use Dry Shampoo:
Using a dry shampoo can help absorb excess oil and keep your hair looking clean and voluminous. Apply dry shampoo at the roots and work it through your hair with your fingers.
Schedule Regular Trims:
Scheduling regular trims can help maintain the shape and health of your hair. Trimming split ends can also prevent further damage and breakage.
Invest in Quality Products:
Using high-quality products can make a significant difference in maintaining your hairstyle. Look for products that are specific to your hair type and needs, such as a smoothing serum or a volumizing mousse. Some recommended brands are Oribe, Bumble and Bumble, and Kerastase.
Sleep with a Silk or Satin Pillowcase:
Sleeping on a silk or satin pillowcase can help prevent frizz and hair breakage. These materials are gentle on your hair and won’t create as much friction as a cotton pillowcase.
Protect Your Hair While Exercising:
If you exercise regularly, it’s important to protect your hair while doing so. Wear a headband or wrap your hair in a silk scarf to prevent sweat and friction from damaging your hair.
By following these tips, you can maintain your runway-inspired hairstyle and keep it looking fresh for longer. Remember to invest in quality products and schedule regular trims to keep your hair healthy and beautiful.